Thursday, June 27, 2013

What a WEEK!!!!!!

Overwhelming, not the work. Seriously, things are moving right along, and my emotions don't have time to react.








Today, the hardest. Well, Saturday will be the hardest, but still today has been tough.  We decided to rehome our dog, our baby.  This is extremely difficult task.  Jackson came to live with us after my husband, Chuck, had is stroke last year.  He was just 5 weeks old.  Chuck and Jackson are best friends.  After arrangements we made fell through, and others could not help out, we had few choices. In a perfect world, we would have someone care for Jackson until we could send for him, but there are so many unknowns. We don't know where I will be placed. We don't know if the housing we will be placed in will allow pets. We don't know how much, or even if we can afford to send him.  So, I found a home for him.  I talked to the daughter of the woman who will take Jackson. She sounds like she will be perfect for him.  Her daughter told me that when she watches her dog, she will go through drive through at McDonald's and buy him a burger.  Chuck just cooks him one.  She lets her daughter's dog sleep and cuddle in bed with her.  Jackson sleeps and cuddles in the recliners on us.  But still, I feel like I'm giving up a child.  I worry about Chuck's reaction.  I sometimes believe he loves that dog more than me.  Its going to be a tough weekend.

All of my paper work has been submitted to Footprints so ADEC can process my Visa.  I had to go through a different agency to get my FBI background check. However, I received my results in minute, where as I mailed the FBI application out mid May.  I'm glad I did, especially when I read post from another girl saying all our paperwork had to be in by July 7th.

I have started just giving stuff away. We have had 2 or 3 yard sales, and sold most of the large household materials.  There is nothing else really worth any money, and I don't want to "nickel and dime" bargain anymore.  I just want stuff gone.

Tonight was my last night of work at Carolina Mudcats.  I have worked on and off there for the past 10 years.  I love my Mudcat folks.  They gave me a little going away party of cupcakes, cookie cake, and Doritos.  I will truly miss every one of them there.


Tomorrow, I'm delivering family photos and my Carolina Hurricanes collectibles to my son.  This, too, will be tough to part with.  I am realizing, though, that this whole process is a process of letting go.

Letting go....and discovering new things.

Tough tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment