Thursday, June 6, 2013

Patience

I seem to be in a hurry up and wait mode on my Abu Dhabi relocation process. My FBI background check has been mailed out. I did see where many other EMT (English Medium Teachers) used a private agency to get their background check back within hours if not days. Me, I used FBI, and it can take 6 weeks....uggghh.

 My college diploma has been sent to SUNY Brockport, then Monroe County Clerk, and should be at the Secretary of State in New York's office by now. I can not send the rest of my documents off for authentication by the US State Department and UAE Embassy until I have the degree back from NY. I could, but it will be easier to send all documents at once.

 Lastly, awaiting the arrival of my updated passport. Had to send it in to get the name changed. I did not think I would need it so I never changed my name on it.

 Other things, we are in the last 3 days of school. Kids are restless and I don't blame them. I have gathered a lot of swag to use as give a-ways for them tomorrow. We are going to play some end of year Jeopardy tomorrow and Monday. I really plan on using students who come to school Monday to work in my room. Keep them busy cleaning desks, chairs, organizing books. All the fun stuff! They still enjoy doing these things for the teacher at this age.

 Until next time.
 Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment