Friday, June 14, 2013

Anticipation, a waiting game.

Can't wait to be surrounded by beaches, sand (even in the desert) and to experience the new culture. But the waiting game comes first.

I submitted my documents to GoProEx and was told I should have them back by June 27.  Which is good, since I am still waiting for the FBI background check, which was the first thing I sent away for.  My new passport has come in and I really am doing well, according to Footprints Recruiting.  I'm just an impatient person and want it all done, NOW.

I have plenty of things to do before we leave.  We are having our second yard sale tomorrow.  We plan on being out of the house by July 15th.  So much to get rid of, and to be honest, so much cleaning to be done.  I have let things slack a bit since I knew we would be moving.

I have been doing a lot of research about Abu Dhabi. I'm trying to decide what to take, clothing wise.  I know it will be hot, but it is a Muslim country, and I know I need to respect their traditions.   The sleeveless dresses and shirts will probably be left behind.  I have purchased some used linen blazers and shirts, but really hoping I'm at a school that requires an abaya. Then dressing each day will be easy.


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! I look forward to reading your adventures!

    ReplyDelete