Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reality

There are so many thoughts going through  my head today.  I"m not even sure I can make a coherent  thought, let alone a post.

Tomorrow is my last day with US students for a while. There are some really sweet kids in my classes I am going to miss.  I told all classes on Friday I was not coming back and I was moving to Abu Dhabi.  I gave them my email and my blog address.  I am hoping some of them stay in contact.

I joined a Facebook group for Footprints teachers going to teach in Abu Dhabi. Information is flowing, question being answered, and more questions being brought up. Everything from dress code to whether we are bringing our beloved pets.  I have made arrangements for both Jackson and Wendell, but I am sad to leave them behind.  I plan on getting them back when we come back.  But I feel like I'm leaving a part of me behind.

I'm slowly trying to get rid of everything in the house, including some clothing. I knew the dress code would be business professional, but upon further discussion it seems I should plan on showing no wrists, no ankles, and no collar bone.  Doing the no wrist and ankles, I don't think will be a problem.  Maxi dresses, pants and long sleeve shirts great.  But no collar bone?  I don't really want to wear turtlenecks in the desert. Finding long sleeve, button down shirts are even difficult to find in the summer. Another Footprints teacher and I are hoping we get to wear Abayas.  They are beautiful and nice, easy way to dress for work, no deep thought needed.

One of the problems with the Facebook group is so many are through their authentication process.  I'm still patiently awaiting the arrival of my degree from NY, my FBI background check, and my passport with my current name on it.  I'm afraid it will hold up the visa process, making my departure later.  Then again, just looking at this house, the amount of stuff in it, and unwillingness of both Chuck and I, to get rid of certain items, I feel like this is never going to happen.

Each day, one day, slowly, and I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment